Top 10 Places to Visit in Jharkhand – Jharkhand state was created on 15 Nov 2000 by carved out the southern part of Bihar. It shares its border with the states of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, and Bengal. Its area spread over79,710 km2. It is famous for its waterfalls, Jain temples of Parasnath Hill, and the elephants and tigers of Betla National Park. Its state capital is Ranchi which is a gateway to the park. 17th-century Jagannath Temple is here. Also, the Jharkhand War Memorial and Tagore Hill are located here.
Top 10 Places to Visit in Jharkhand
1. Deoghar – Deoghar (also known as ‘the cultural capital of Jharkhand’) is the abode of Baidya Nath Jyotirlinga temple which is a popular religious destination in Jharkhand. This temple is popularly known as Baba Baidya NathDham. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas and considered the most sacred abodes of Shiva. Baidya NathDhamis located inDeoghar in the Santhal Parganas division. During the ‘Shravan’ month, millions of devotees (known as Kanwariyas) perform the holy rituals of Rudrabhishek here.
2. Ranchi – Ranchi is situated at an altitude of 700 m and it is the capital of Jharkhand. Once Ranchi was the summer capital of Bihar because of its pleasant climate during evenings and nights. It is a mineral-rich area and it has 40 percent of the country’s total mineral reserves. The most important places in this city are; Tagore hill, Ranchi Hill, Kanke Dam, and Hudru falls, Hatia Museum, and Tribal Research Institute and Museum. The flora is rich and has a wide variety, Maugha, Sal and Simul are some of the rare types of trees found here.
3. Bokaro Steel City –Bokaro Steel Plant is situated in the Bokaro district on the banks of River Damodar. Bokaro is one of the most important industrial cities in the Eastern Region with lakes, greenery, and beautiful parks. Besides, it is one of the most well-planned cities in the country. It houses many factories and it is the largest producer of steel and iron in the country. Since Bokaro is situated in the easternmost part of Jharkhand and closer to West Bengal it has the Bengali influence in its culture.
4. Hazaribagh –Hazaribagh is at 2000 m above sea level on the middle plateau in the Chhota Nagpur plateau, 93 Km away from Ranchi. The word ‘Hazaribagh’ is a combination of two Persian words i.e. ‘Hazar’ means one thousand and ‘Bagh’ means garden. Thus, it is known as the ‘city of a thousand gardens’. Its surrounded by dense forests with rock formations and lakes. Interestingly, these forests mostly are unexplored.
5. Jamshedpur – Jamshedpur is situated in the Chhota Nagpur plateau and it is the largest city in Jharkhand. Jamshedpur is India’s first planned city and world’s eighth-largest steel manufacturing company. It was named after Jamshetiji Tata in 1919. Jamshetiji Tata was the founder of the Tata industries that maintain public services and infrastructure of most parts of the city. It is popularly known as the ‘Steel City’.
6. Betla National Park, Netarhat –Betla National Park is located on the Chota Nagpur Plateau in the Palamu district. ‘BETLA’ is as an acronym for Bison, Elephant, Tiger, Leopard, and Axis. It is a beautiful national park which is spread over the hilly terrain. The important attractions here are observing wildlife from a close range as wild elephants wander without any restraints in the thickets of the forest. The presence of 2 forts inside its premises makes this park stand out from the rest.
“Do you like Learning Self-Patience to Move On With Happiness“
7. Dasham Falls – Dasham Falls is situated near the Taimara village in the Ranchi district 34 km from the city of Ranch. It is also known as ‘Dassam Falls’, is a tributary of the Subarnarekha River and major water source of this waterfall is River Kachni. This waterfall is cascading down a height of 144 ft.
8. Ghatshila – Ghatshila is a small city on the bank of the Subarnarekha River is located within the forests area in East Singhbhum district. The literal meaning of Ghatshila is “rocky landing of a river”. It is a town of festivals too. Burudih lake is a favorite spot for tourists. Motor and pedal boating facilities are available here.
9. Dhanbad –Dhanbad is popularly known as India’s coal capital as it is housing the largest coal mines of India. It is one of the most populated cities in Jharkhand even though it is the 56th cleanest city of India. Besides, it is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. This city gained immense commercial progress because of the presence of coal industries.
10. Netarhat – Netarhat is a popular hill station located in the Latehar district. It is popularly called as the “Queen of Chotanagpur”. It is a famous and ideal place for witnessing the sunrise and sunset views it offers. The main attraction is the famous Netarhat Residential School which was set up in 1954.
Do you get the major Top 10 Places to Visit in Jharkhand. Thank you.
Read more: Top 10 Places to Visit in Chattisgarh